Monday, January 7, 2008

Life bleeds over into poetry...

"Prayer for Guidance" by Sam Urfer


Set the truth in my heart, that I may find

My way to the Promised Land at long last.

My soul is stuck in the wastes of Sinai,

My faith urges me to an unexpected

Destination, my compass is retuned.

Long have I been wandering these trails,

With no end in sight. Now I hear the call,

What choice do I have but to follow it?

Behind me, all the history of the Saints

Before me, the glory of Your name.

I have tasted Your blood, eaten Your flesh,

Now I shall love You and honor your name.

Implicit faith and cold reason clouded

My view of Your vast Mysteries till now.

The flaw of Ephesus, the sin of Milton,

And all its ways, I reject utterly.

Show me the truth, wherever it may lead.


Amen

No comments: